Unity Optimization Tips
Making a new post here just to collect Unity Optimization tips (usually not mentioned in docs..)
Feel free to post any tips / links to tips into the comment section also.
OPTIMIZATION TIPS (Not in any order & not all are confirmed to work)
– Its better to use Awake() than Start(). Uses less resources *Source: some univ. unity teacher said unity had said so..
– General performance tips (meshes, lighting, textures, audio, physics, shaders, scripting)
– Unite 2013: Optimizing Games for Mobile Platforms (pdf)
– Optimizing graphics performance (draw calls, geometry, materials, shaders, checklist to make your game faster)
– Optimization Techniques (Update time, saving memory on textures/meshes)
– Practical guide to optimization for mobiles
– Best Practices (cache references, pooling, sharing materials)
– Unity Android Performance Optimization in Domingos
– 50 tips, best practices
– How to use profiler for optimizing (pro only)
more will be added later..
96 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- Mesh Explorer (sources)
- Using ImageMagick with Unity
- Load AssetBundles with Caching
- [Shader] Draw World Space UI Always On Top
- Advanced Voxel Terrain
- Voxel Terrain
- [LudumDare37] One Room
- Wireframe Shader
- Publish .ipa file from Windows PC to iOS without Mac
- New Domain name 1darray.com
- Using Accord.NET with Unity
- Lots of Exciting New Unity Stuff Coming Up!